Lemon Blueberry Oat Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 lemon, zested
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar and lemon zest.
- Grate in chilled butter with a box grater directly in to the mixture. Toss together with fingers to combine.
- Mix cream with oats and berries, stir into flour mixture till dough starts to clump.
- Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough together into a cohesive mass, then pat down to an even thickness of about 1-inch. Use a cutter to cut desired shapes, or simply use a knife to cut dough into triangles/rectangles.
- Place cut scones onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until scones are lightly golden brown. Let scones rest in baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.