Coconut Orange Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 scallions, white parts thinly sliced; dark green parts sliced and reserved
- 1 teaspoon finely minced peeled ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pounds large shrimp (dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Sliced orange wheels, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the coconut oil in the pan.
- Add the white scallion slices, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the coriander and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add the shrimp and salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes (a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees).
- Stir in the green scallion pieces and cook until just wilted, 10 to 15 seconds. Season with orange zest, juice and black pepper.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with orange wheels if desired.