French Green Bean Salad
- Kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds trimmed French green beans (Haricot Vert)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add the beans and cook for 1 minute only to blanch. Drain the beans and put them in ice water until completely cool. Drain the beans again, dry on paper towels, and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour enough dressing over the beans to moisten them well, reserving the rest for another use. Toss with the basil, season to taste, and serve at room temperature.