Fruit Salad with Green Tea & Cardamom Syrup
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 golden pineapple
- 1/2 honeydew melon, and peeled seeded (carambolas make a great, unusual substitute)
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 green cardamom pods, crushed
- Peel and dice mangoes and pineapple into bite sized pieces. Slice melon into cubes or shapes. Set aside in large bowl.
- Use a zester to remove the rind from the orange; juice the orange and combine with the water, sugar, tea bags and cardamom pods in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove the tea bags and pods then let syrup cool completely.
- Pour syrup over the fruit and soak one hour.
- Divide fruit among serving glasses, spoon syrup over the fruit and serve immediately.