Carrot Chickpea Salad
- 1 lb. fresh carrots, grated
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and lightly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ¼- ½ sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Toast cumin lightly till fragrant in a small skillet.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together the cumin, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and mint leaves.
- Mix in the grated carrots, golden raisins and chickpeas. Taste to correct seasonings.
Serve room temperature or chilled.