OceanView at Falmouth offers a beautifully landscaped, 80-acre campus consisting mainly of independent cottages and apartments with retirees coming and going, exercising, working or volunteering, and living life to the fullest. However, there are times when even the most independent person needs a little help staying well, whether due to a short term illness, a scheduled procedure or an emergency that may result in a hospitalization. OceanView offers a subtle and unobtrusive Health Care Advocacy service for every independent resident as a component of their monthly maintenance fee.
At OceanView, our goal is to support our independent residents’ wellness while promoting a positive, healthy and active lifestyle.
Health Care Advocacy includes oversight or support, as needed or desired, by our Community Wellness Coordinator, a nurse who provides multifaceted services that help OceanView residents stay well, including:
- An introductory visit with each resident shortly after move-in
- File of Life establishment
- Annual wellness visits
- Facilitation of medical and home care services if needed
- Communication with hospital/rehab care managers and attendance at interdisciplinary team meetings
- Liaison with primary care physician
- Scheduled visits when ill
- Weekly wellness clinics
- Coordination of on-site podiatry, occupational/physical/speech therapy, audiology, nutrition, massage therapy, acupuncture and lab services